Due to mounting pressure from school, sports, and peers, many teenagers feel that the pressures of life become too overwhelming and they find themselves struggling to cope and keep up. If they don’t know of healthy ways to cope with what they are going through, they may end up falling into unhealthy and unsafe ways of coping. Counseling can help them gain the skills and confidence to successfully navigate life’s difficulties early on and into adulthood.
How Counseling Can Help
The following are some benefits your teen may gain from counseling:
- Ability to manage stress and reduce anxiety
- Improved mood
- Higher self-esteem
- Increased confidence in ability to cope with life’s problems
- Know when to ask for help
- Improved family connection and communication
- Work through difficult emotions in healthy, appropriate ways
- Learn how to talk about difficult thoughts and emotions
- Improved grades
- Prevention of more serious personal or relational problems later on in life
If you believe your teen could benefit from counseling, don’t hesitate to give me a call at 251-625-0118 to schedule your first appointment.